Sunday, January 13, 2008

Hockey Night




Yesterday we went down to Duluth for a hockey game against Mankato. The game ended in a 2-2 tie. It was a somewhat quiet game since UMD classes are not back in session yet. The two sections that are normally filled with loud college students were pretty much empty. The band was there, so that leads me to believe that they'll be back in school on Monday. Next weekend they play the Gophers. We haven't been to a Gopher game in quite some time. The last couple of years it has been during the deer opener and Paul will give up hockey tickets for that. Fortunately it has never been a problem to sell those tickets.

Before the game we did a quick stop at Gander Mountain. Paul had a gift card and the girls for certain will need new winter jackets next year. So we bought them jackets in the next size up for next year. They are a bit too big, but they can start wearing them now anyway. Last year I was hoping to find jackets more toward the end of the winter and get great deals on them, but I waited too long and they were really picked over. It was a decent sale and they had a couple to pick from in each of their sizes. Ellen's jacket is especially cute. I'll take pictures of them later and add them to this post.

We did a quick stop at the mall. Old Navy had a huge clearance sale going. It was really picked over. I couldn't find anything for Carly for next year. If I would have had more time to dig, I might have been able to. For Ellen I bought 2 pairs of pants, one pair of shorts, and 2 long sleeve white shirts to wear under tees - total cost of $22. Sweaters at Eddie Bauer were 50% off, so I bought a cable sweater with a zipper. It's a pretty classic style and I know I'll wear it a lot. I also bought a 75% off guinea pig calendar for my classroom - $3. We were running short of time, so we ate at the food court and went straight to the game.

No plans for today. I started watching the movie "Nurse Betty" on Friday. I'll finish watching that. I still haven't paged through the Sunday paper, so I'll head upstairs to do that now.
I'm going to have to play around with the settings on my camera. It seems like all of my pictures have been so dark lately.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, you did a good job shopping. Jackets look great and your sweater is pretty. Carly looks very tired in the picture with you, or probably just caught her with her eyes shut.
Laurie

Shari said...

I didn't notice the closed eyes until I loaded the photos onto the computer. At that point I wasn't going to bother with a retake. I've worn my sweater everyday this week. It's cold and will only get worse!