Sunday, January 13, 2008

Banana Muffins


Lately I have been making banana muffins instead of banana bread when I have a couple of brown bananas. I made a dozen this afternoon. I don't know that they taste any better than banana bread, but they involve no slicing and I do like that. It also requires a much shorter baking time. Paul ate three of them immediately after they came out of the oven today. The recipe is from my Better Homes & Gardens cookbook.

Banana Muffins

Mix together:
2 mashed bananas
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup cooking oil
1 beaten egg
1/3 cup sugar

Add:
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
Mix just until moistened. Spoon batter into greased muffin cups (they recommend that you not use paper liners). Each cup will be about 2/3 full. Bake in a 400 degree oven 18 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. The recipe also calls for 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, but Paul doesn't like them so I leave them out. Since he eats most of the muffins, I accomodate his fussiness.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What is it with guys and walnuts? Don't they know everything tastes better with them? Dan thinks he doesn't like them but he doesn't seem to notice them in the cookies and brownies. I put them in banana bread too plus some chocolate chips. I bought something fun for Paul at the thrift store today. They are very appropriate. I told Ellen on the phone this evening. I'll bring them to Breezy Point. Our water & fireplace problems are both fixed. We had to call someone for our fridge late last week so we'll be getting some bills in the mail. If bad things come in threes then we should be done with repairs for awhile! Oh, and my tooth was fixed today too!