Saturday, January 19, 2008

Bulldog Saturday

I went to weather.com this morning to check out the current temp and we are at -20. It is unlikely that we'll reach zero. Crazy as it sounds, we are going down to Duluth for the Bulldog/Gopher hockey game. Last night's game ended in overtime and a tie at 1-1. The Bulldogs didn't play very well, so I'm hopeful that tonight will be a better game. This is a huge rivalry and there was lots of pushing and shoving on the ice. I know it is unsportsmanlike, but I enjoy a good hockey fight.

Ellen used her birthday and allowance $ yesterday. We don't let her buy anything for herself with allowance money the months of December & the first 1/2 of January. Last year she kept wanting to buy herself things that we knew she was getting for gifts, so we imposed the rule. It worked well for her because she had enough money to buy a Playstation 2. Paul and I were supportive of this purchase. We bought Guitar Hero 3 and a Dance, Dance Revolution game to go with it. Ellen & Kayla played with it for quite a while last night. Right now Ellen is playing some Alice Cooper and doing well with it. We are going to call Best Buy in Duluth and see if they carry extra guitars because it's a lot more fun if two people can play at the same time. Walmart and Target might be options too. If not, we can place an order on-line. Ellen is having a couple girls stay over for her birthday on Friday and it would be nice to have it by then.

Yesterday we had a workday at school - no meetings, just work in your room. I got my grades posted, ran some copies, and did some cleaning up of areas that were starting to stress me out. On Monday, we go over to Coleraine with a few other schools to listen to some speakers. I hope they'll be good.

I'll stop in again to add some pictures and get another post up. Keep warm!

2 comments:

Laurie said...

How nice to have a whole day to work in your room! I'm looking forward to half a day on Monday morning and then we have a speaker in the afternoon and a math presentation. Hope the Bulldogs win tonight!

Anonymous said...

I also have a work day on Monday. It's the end of our quarter. I laid low today and mostly stayed in. Hope the Bulldogs won! Nancy