Tuesday, January 1, 2008

First Day of 2008

Laurie has been telling me that I should try blogging, so I thought starting one on the New Year would be appropriate. At this point, I don't really know what kind of stuff I'll put on here. I'm going to try it for a week and if I think it seems even somewhat interesting I'll share a link with others.

Today was spent trying to get a few things organized for getting back to school tomorrow. Paul, Ellen, and Carly are going to have a heck of a time getting up tomorrow. They have been routinely sleeping past 8:30 every morning. Paul has become a three cup coffee drinker over vacation, so maybe that'll help him out tomorrow. I think he'll have to leave for work with a travel mug.

I did two workout dvds tomorrow - it is the New Year, right? I'm a big fan of the Firm's Transfirmer workout system and own a good share of the dvds that go with it. About a year ago I watched an infomercial for this product. After just one viewing I was sold. I was excited and immediately went down to the computer to order one. Sweet Jesus, if I did not find out that I could just go to Target and buy one there! I got one the very next day. I did it faithfully all winter and then went back to running in the warmer months. I started up the Transfirmer around Thanksgiving time this past fall. So many people buy this stuff and then never use it. I've been pleased with my infomercial product.

I'm trying a new recipe tonight. Carly and I go to an ECFE class on Thursdays from 4 to 6. We have a meal with the other families. Lollie enjoys cooking for everyone and the food is always good. This pizza casserole was a hit and she shared the recipe. I'll let you know what my family thinks. I can pretty much predict. Ellen will refuse to try it and Carly will call it "yucky" even though she ate it when Lollie made it. Paul will have seconds.

I wasn't sure what to use for a picture at the top of the page, but thought I'd use one of our house. I'll have to get out and take a wintery picture of the house some time this week. Thanks go out to Ellen for her help in getting me set up.

1 comment:

Laurie said...

I am so glad that you have decided to have a blog. It's kind of like having a journal/diary but you let everyone read it. Even if a lot of people aren't reading it, it's still a fun thing to do and I enjoy looking back on mine too. I wish more people had blogs. Your blog looks great and you'll have playing around with it and changing things too. Keep it up!!!