Saturday, July 26, 2008

Vacation Time!


We are heading off for a little vacation to the Wisconsin Dells in the morning. We're first driving down to Nancy and David's until Tuesday morning. As of right now, we don't have any plans for when we are there other than David & Paul taking two of the kids to a Twins game on Monday night. I'm assuming it will be Ellen & Joey that go with. Nancy & I will have to do something fun with Sophie & Carly.

We're staying at the Great Wolf Lodge which has a big indoor & outdoor water park. It looks like the temps will be in the 80s with a chance for some isolated showers on one of the days we are there. I'm hoping we'll be in the outdoor park a lot more than the indoor. Carly has a pretty good attitude about this whole thing. She knows she'll be in the water and we have reassured that there will be fun things for her to do. She's looking forward to riding in a tube on the lazy river, so I really hope they have one. I can't imagine they won't. We have tickets for a magic show on Wednesday night. Carly says that we are going to see a man cut a lady's head off and then put it back on. God, I hope not. We've made no other plans at this point. We've been pretty bored here lately, so this trip comes at a good time. From everything we have heard Wisconsin Dells is just a big fun tourist trap. That is exactly what we are hoping for.

We'll be driving back north on Friday. It's at least a six hour drive. We're going to stop at Royce & Lynn's for a visit. We haven't been to their place since last summer and it will be a really nice way to cut the trip in half. Next weekend I'll post some pictures. Have a good week!

1 comment:

Laurie said...

Hope you have a very fun week! I hope Carly will enjoy some of the water activities too. I noticed your movie list and had to mention that we enjoyed Knocked Up when we rented it about a year ago. We didn't have high expectations but thought it was quite funny and touching at times too. Good summer movie anyway. The next movie I see will be The Secret Life of Bees when it comes out in October. It was one of our book club selections. I loved the book.