Thursday, July 24, 2008

Another Recipe

I tried out a new recipe for a party last night and it turned out really well. I know that Carol is going to make it since she called me from the grocery store asking what she needed to pick up to make it. So I'll get the recipe posted here so she can print it.

Spinach and Strawberry Salad

Dressing:
1/2 cup sugar
2 tbsp sesame seeds
1 tbsp poppy seeds
1 1/2 tsp minced onion (optional)
1/4 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1/4 tsp paprika
1/2 cup oil
1/4 cup cider vinegar

Mix the above ingredients in the blender. I think if you wanted to just shake it up in a jar, that would work fine. This makes quite a bit of dressing.

Fresh spinach
Sliced strawberries

I used a bag and a half of spinach and a quart container of strawberries. If you were making a smaller amount you certainly would not want to use all of the dressing. If you used 2 full bags of spinach, I don't think you'd need to make additional dressing. I didn't use the full two bags only because my 4 quart bowl was full.

I've been experiencing some goofy things with my blog that I don't how to fix - and I have tried. The comment thing to click on disappears once a comment has been made. But if you scroll over the spot where it should be, it appears and you can click on it. Nothing in the help section of blogger is giving me advice on how to correct this. I'm thinking since only a handful of people actually read my blog that I'll just leave it for now.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm reading, Shari. :)

Cathy

Shari said...

Hi Cathy! I'm glad to know that you stop in here.

Laurie said...

That looks good! I had some raspberries from Darlene and we put them with the some fresh lettuce from Jan. I added walnuts and some raspberry spritzer dressing and it was pretty good.
I'm not used to putting fruit in my salads but it is very yummy and probably pretty good for you! We love spinach too.

Laurie said...

You got that envelope to disappear...that's a good thing!

Anonymous said...

I made the salad for our family on Saturday night.(daughter, son-in-law, girls) Lots of Rave reviews from the Kastonek Klan!

Balsie ;)