Wednesday, July 2, 2008

4th of July


They are busy in town getting ready for the 4th. The banner is up across main street. They've been mowing and getting things in place up town. The gyro stand could even show up today. That's a big one.

Nancy & Family are coming up on Thursday. Nancy & I are signed up to run the 10K on Friday morning. Ellen & Kayla are going to walk it. I went for a 40 minute run on Monday and for the first time in about 3 weeks, my knee did not hurt at all the entire run. There were a couple times that I limped around for a day or two after a run. So I've decided not to push it and will not run again until Friday. I think I should be good to go the entire 6+ miles. I'm very happy to have someone to run it with.

Paul is driving the new fire truck in the parade in Nashwauk. This will be the parade debut of the truck that Paul worked so hard to get. I'm expecting that he'll have David in front with him and Joey, Sophie, and Carly in the back seat. A couple years ago we rode with Paul and it was a fun way to see everyone who was at the parade. Nancy, show Joey the above picture of the truck and maybe he'll get excited about riding in it. Paul said that he won't run the siren. We got Carly excited about riding in it a couple years ago. I think it will easier to pump up Joey. The parade in Keewatin is a duplicate of the Nashwauk parade a little later that day. It'll be interesting to see what politicians show up. Our parades are usually a lot better during an election year. Iron Rangers vote.
Saturday, Paul & David plan to golf or go fishing - I'm assuming they'll golf. We do have to go over to Hibbing for a little while Saturday morning. Kayla's grandpa died on Monday and they are having his visitation and funeral that morning. This was not unexpected. Jon was 92 and his health had been failing him for several months. He was a very nice man.
There are activities for kids all day Saturday. There is even a wrestling demonstration that evening. We've never had that before. Fireworks will be on Saturday night. The weather is going to be great, so it should be an enjoyable time. I'll try to post some pictures during the weekend.

1 comment:

Laurie said...

Is Joey afraid to ride in the truck?? I thought he'd be pretty excited about it. If he does ride, I hope someone gets a good picture of that and the girls in the back too.