Thursday, July 3, 2008

Will he be there?


Yesterday afternoon I got a call from an Al Franken volunteer asking if I'd be willing to walk with Team Franken at the Nashwauk parade. I said that I should be able to and that I thought my sister would also do it. I asked if Al would be there and he said he wasn't sure which parades Al will be attending. They gave me a number of the local DFL coordinator to call and let them know. I cleared it with Nancy and she said she would. I mentioned it to Kayla's mom, Laura, and she said she'd like to do it too. So I called and volunteered all of us. Ellen might end up walking with us just because I don't know what else we'll do with her during the parade since the fire truck will be full. She can carry a sign. Al needs us!

I got on the local blog that I like to check out and I see this morning that Al is going to be walking the Nashwauk parade. I'm excited! I check back an hour later and they say he's actually going to be doing the earlier Keewatin parade at noon and then heading up to International Falls. Well, I'm thinking he might end up doing the Nashwauk parade after all. Nashwauk is the earlier parade at noon. Keewatin's parade is at 2 pm. I'm hopeful.

I think we'll get Team Franken shirts out of the deal. We'll pass out stickers or carry signs. So the entire Clusiau and Flom families will be in the Nashwauk parade. I suppose we could do both parades, but I would like to watch a parade with the kids. so I'm sitting out the Keewatin parade.

The weather is looking great and we should have a lot of fun. I'm even excited about the running part!
*** I just read an update. We're walking with Al tomorrow!!!

No comments: