Tuesday, April 1, 2008

I have been a slacker.

Ellen got after me for not posting on my blog, so I'll add a few new ones today.

Last week was kind of a depressing week and I just didn't feel much like posting. When I first started my blog I posted a recipe from Lolly - the cook at our ECFE class. Her daughter, Jill, is one of the ECFE teachers and we've had a two year Thursday night relationship with Jill. We are big fans of Jill and this year we enjoyed getting to know her mom. The night before Easter, Lolly died. On Easter she didn't show up for the family dinner. She didn't answer her phone. They sent someone over to the house and they found her at the bottom of her stairs. They were going to do an autopsy to determine the cause of death. But since she did nothing to break her fall, they suspect something very sudden happened. What makes it even worse is that Jill's dad died suddenly of a heart attack last fall. Jill's only 27. She has a younger brother and they're having a hard time with all of this. I went to the visitation for Lolly last week and it was really sad. I hope they'll be OK. And then Mom called about our neighbor from back home, Margaret, dying and it was a depressing week.

On a brighter ECFE class note - Stacy, one of the moms, had her twins last week. She had two little girls named Maija and Alexis. They were 6 pounds, 6 ounces and 7 pounds, 7 ounces. I guess they are all doing well. I was happy to hear that she would be bringing home two good size newborns. For a baby gift I picked up a big pack of diapers, a box of wipes, and a refill. They have two little girls already, so I figured they were in good shape for baby clothes. I'll give her a call later this week and see if she is up for a quick visit. Ellen wants to go with and Carly said that she doesn't like babies when I mentioned the twins. I don't know where that one came from.

No comments: