Sunday, April 20, 2008

My Early Earth Day Post



Earlier this year I bought a few grocery bags from my local grocery store and loved them. Unfortunately one was ruined when a handle slipped from my hand and a jar of spaghetti sauce broke in the bag. I was down to three - which is not enough when I fill up the cart. I asked at customer service if they planned to get more and they said they had placed another order and they'd be in soon.


Today we went shopping and they had new bags in stock. These are even better than the previous ones. They still have the insert at the bottom that supports the bottom - a lot of bags don't have that. But these fold up easily and snap shut so that they take up very little space. I bought 5 of them today and plan to keep a few in my car and three in Paul's truck for when he buys groceries. Before he said he wouldn't use them even though he liked using mine, but he didn't want a bunch of bags in the back seat of his truck. When he saw how they folded up he said he'd take them. I'm kind of tempted to buy some to give to people. I think people would buy them and use them when they see just how much better they are than a plastic or paper bag.


I also started using my clothesline this weekend. I hung out jeans and sheets yesterday. Today I have rest of the laundry out there. Hopefully we'll have some warm, breezy weekends this spring so that I can really take advantage of the clothesline.

2 comments:

Laurie said...

I haven't seen any like that before either, nifty! We ended up with a nice afternoon of sunshine and it didn't get terribly windy. We grilled which was fun and really made it seem like summer is near. I can't wait.

Anonymous said...

I have one like that from Byerly's - they really are nice:)Nancy