Sunday, April 6, 2008

It's just not funny.



We have about a foot of snow on the ground and it continues to snow. Yesterday we had temps in the upper 40s. We took Carly over to the park a couple different times to play. Paul and I both went out for runs - good for Paul for starting again! We ran errands in the morning. All day long the sky was blue and it was just a great spring day. We were really thinking that the weather channel had to be wrong when they said we'd get up to 6 inches overnight with another 6 today. Well, they were wrong in that we got even more snow overnight.

Today will be an inside day. Ellen and Carly are playing Guitar Hero right now. Paul is watching "Meet the Press." Ellen and I will finish a little grassroots politics project that we began yesterday. I might have to find a cooking project to work on. Paul says he has to go to Super One today, so I could have him pick up a few things. Yesterday I made almond toffee popcorn and it turned out quite well. It's a pretty simple recipe, so maybe I'll post it here. I'll take some pictures and add couple more posts to the blog.

3 comments:

Laurie said...

Oh no!! Is it still snowing? It started to rain here at nine last night but this morning I was very surprised to wake up to dry sidewalks. It's very gray here, still and fairly chilly. Who knows what will happen later. I hope your snow melts quickly. At least you'll have a healthy lawn this spring.

Laurie said...

Yikes, you did get a lot!

Shari said...

It was pretty calm early this afternoon then it started to snow hard again around 3 or 4. We are expected to get up to another 8 inches of snow overnight and are in a winter storm warning until 10 am Monday morning. When all is said and done we could have 20 inches. I think I'll end up with a day off tomorrow.