Sunday, April 13, 2008

The snow is melting!

The sky is sunny and there is little wind today. We're supposed to get some higher temps this week, so I do think the snow will go quickly. We didn't have school on Friday - no one in the area did. This storm didn't have large amounts of snow, but we had really high winds and white out conditions. The storm started to let up around noon on Friday.

We didn't do too much with our days off - surfed the internet, watched tv - Paul and Ellen are into the Star Wars movies on Spike tv. I did some work around the house and did a couple of Turbo Jam dvds. Yesterday we did a major grocery shopping trip and a trip to the bottle shop to get some beer - we've been out for far too long. We also put Carly's hair in hot rollers. She refused to pose for pictures. I love seeing her with a head full of curlers.

No big plans for today. I'd love to do a Target run, but I'm trying really hard not to shop for entertainment and that is all it would be. I have the movie "No Reservations" from Netflix and plan to watch it. I also started to read the book about boy soldiers in Africa that I borrowed from Nancy. I can't think of the title, but no one would ever consider it to be a light read. I'll read more from it today.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

3 comments:

Laurie said...

That book was a difficult book to read but very educational. After reading it, we watched Blood Diamond which I highly recommend. It's about a family that is torn apart during the Sierra Leone civil war and their son who becomes a boy soldier. After the book and movie it made me very mad that we didn't hear more about this in the news. We were so inundated with the Monica Lewinsky scandal at the time.

Laurie said...

Our snow is all gone up at the house. Still big banks down at the cabin though.

Anonymous said...

Let me know how you like the book. We're likely going to use it for part of our 9th grade curriculum. I saw Blood Diamond first then read the book. Interesting what the media feeds us instead. Nancy