Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Things you find in a big box



My aunt bought a big box of vintage aprons at an auction not too long ago. Laurie knew that I had been picking up some old aprons here and there last summer. Laurie was looking through the box and and spotted this calendar apron from 1967 - the year I was born. She gave Kris a couple bucks for the apron and it arrived at our house yesterday. I'm very pleased with it! I washed & pressed it and had Ellen take my picture in it today. The skull & cross-bones tee is not a good piece to wear with this apron, but those are things you notice after the picture has been taken.


Thanks, Laurie!

2 comments:

Laurie said...

I kind of like that combination. It's like a dangerous Betty Crocker. You look like you are ready to serve up a nice dish of poison perhaps?? I'm glad that you enjoy the apron!

Anonymous said...

So glad one of my vast assortment of aprons worked for you. I must agree the combination leaves a bit of confusion about whether or not a person wants to eat what ever it is you are cooking. However anyone who collects vintage aprons and old cookware seems pretty safe to me. Kris