Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Wednesday, June 11

It was a cool, windy, and rainy day today. Before it started to rain Paul and I went out for a 30 minute run together. Today he ran the entire route non-stop and added on a couple more blocks than his usual. He's doing well. A run seems to go much faster when you have someone else with you.

Carly wore her Snow White dress the entire day since she hosted a ball on and off all day. She picked out a dress for me to wear. So for a good hour or so I wore the dress I wore in Nancy's wedding. I'm pleased to say that it fits as well as it did back in early 30s. I have a feeling I'll be wearing this dress on many rainy days this summer.

Paul and I watched the movie "The Great Debaters." It was really good. Denzel Washington directed and starred in the movie. Denzel is kind of a "sure thing" actor for me. If he's in it, I will usually really like it. Paul and I were both a little verklempt at the end of the movie. I highly recommend it.

Even though it was raining, Paul made a beer can chicken for dinner tonight. It was great. Considering that a whole chicken costs a whopping $3, it's a cheap meal. I also bought a bag of new potatoes and made the crashed potatoes from pioneerwomancooks.com. So easy and really good. That will be a frequent side dish during grilling season. If you haven't made them yet, buy a bag of potatoes the next time you're at the grocery store and try it.

No plans for the evening. we still have to watch "Weeds." That's kind of a tough one to get in because you really do have to wait until the kids go to bed for that show. I did notice that the HBO mini-series "John Adams" is out on dvd. I have to add that to my queue. Nancy, have you and David rented anything good lately?

Nothing else to report here. Tomorrow we are supposed to have sunshine in the afternoon and temps around 70 - a welcome change.

No comments: