Saturday, June 14, 2008

Pyrex Casserole Dishes


I paid $3 for the bright orange dish with the sunflower lid and $2 each for the smaller dishes. All three are in perfect condition. No fading, scratches, nicks or any flaws. I thought they were really pretty. They are probably from the early 70s. I got them at the same sale as the bowls. She had a lot of Pyrex items, but some were missing lids, or a set of bowls would be missing one bowl. I've noticed that at our local Goodwill that older Pyrex in used condition is rarely priced less than $4. So I knew these were good prices.


One thing nice about Pyrex is that they do stack inside each other. I did a quick straightening of the cabinets in our kitchen and by getting rid of a few items I was able to make room for all of my "new" things.

2 comments:

Laurie said...

That's funny, I have 2 of those exactly, not the sunflower one though. They are a nice handy size and I use them often. You are the Pyrex queen!!!

Anonymous said...

These have great colors and I just love the lid with the sunflower. I think that one is from the 60s. I've been using the smaller casserole dishes for storing leftovers. I figure they can't be that much different than the refrigerator dishes.