Wednesday, June 25, 2008

I went in and ordered a "Jon & Kate Plus Eight"



and this is what I got. I have been in the market for a new hairstyle for quite a while, but in order to do something different, I had to grow it out a bit. I had not had a haircut since February 2 ( I went back and checked the date in my checkbook) and I could hardly stand it anymore. I wasn't really sure what I wanted to do with it until Monday night. I was watching "Jon & Kate Plus Eight." I have always liked Kate's hair, but I noticed that hers had grown out quite a bit in the front and that my hair was now long enough to do something similar to hers.


So first thing on Tuesday morning, I got on-line and found a recent picture of Kate. It was taken at some sort of TLC function, so she was done up a little more than usual and she and Jon were posing for the photo - it was perfect. I printed it and called to make an appointment for a cut, style, and brow wax. I was able to get in that afternoon.


The stylist and I looked through a book and found a picture of what the back should look like. I told her that I wanted to walk out with the styling products that I would need to do it at home. She was very helpful in giving me some tips on how to do it with the least amount of work. I walked out of there with my hair looking quite good. Plus Paul had given me a generous gift certificate for Mother's Day - so it was a freebie.


This morning, it took me a little more than five minutes to do my hair. I had Paul take this picture this afternoon. I had been outside in the wind and it was a bit muggy today. I think it holds up fairly well. I swear, I have been fighting against my stick straight hair for over 30 years and it feels nice to just go with it. I just flipped under the ends with a big curling iron.


Last night I watched the movie "August Rush." It was OK. It was no "Lars & the Real Girl."

6 comments:

Laurie said...

That looks very nice on you. I like it longer in the front and she blocked it up nicely in the back. I think that's what they say now. Put your product in when it's damp before you blowdry, especially in the back at your roots where you want a little extra volume. It looks like it will grow out nicely for you too. Very fun!!

Shari said...

I bought some root lift spray yesterday. If I wanted to dress it up a little, I could add a little more volume to it and curl it a bit more. It's a good summer haircut and I'm thinking this fall I might have to try something fun with the color.

Anonymous said...

Or do something fun with the color now:) I really like it Shari - it's a nice update. I recommend Aveda Phomolient mousse at the roots and Aveda control paste for a "piecey" effect.

Shari said...

I don't have any idea what I'd do with the color - lighter, darker, streaked??? I put that control paste in my shopping cart at Amazon. Since I have the root lift, I'll use that up first.

Laurie said...

Anonymous was Nancy I believe. If I were you, I'd highlight/lowlight and get a little contrast going. One lighter and one darker. Maybe once it gets a little bit longer.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry - I usually sign my anonymous posts. I'd go mostly lighter and have them throw in a few lowlights that are close or darker than your root color. Sometimes I get three colors - blonde, caramel, and darker. Just do it - you didn't need that extra money anyway. Went to Trader Joe's tonight after my class in Mpls. Got a few goodies to try this weekend. Nancy