Friday, June 6, 2008

Finally a new post


Ellen got after me for not updating in quite some time and I'm finally getting around to it a few days later. It has been awhile.

The weather around here has been total crap. If it's not raining, It's ridiculously windy. We've had like one 1/2 decent day since school got out. Paul has gone fishing a couple of times and one of those times they were rained on quite a bit. But he will have enough fish for a walleye fry in Cyrus in a couple of weeks.

We've had plenty of time to get caught up in the latest election news. We've made it pretty clear that we are in the tank for Obama. It was quite a thrill to see Barack Obama deliver his speech in St. Paul on Tuesday night. We made Ellen stay up to watch it. I wore my Obama08 shirt for the occasion. Paul has a shirt too ( his is really cool), so we'll have to post a picture soon. We were puzzled by Hillary Clinton's speech that same night. We weren't alone. It will be interesting to see what her speech on Saturday will be like.

Today since it was raining - again, we took in a matinee. Paul has been wanting to see the new Indiana Jones movie, so he took Ellen and Kayla to see that. Carly and I went to "Kung Fu Panda." This movie got really positive reviews, but I thought it was just ok. The animation was appealing. I like Jack Black, but it just seemed like one fight scene after another. Carly didn't like it and said it was scary. Ellen & Kayla really liked the Indiana Jones movie, but Paul didn't really like it. He said there were aliens in it and that they don't belong in an IJ movie.

We were talking about going up to Grand Marais next week, but they got about five inches of rain overnight and it continues to rain there. They have serious flooding problems and it's going to take them a while to clean up. That trip will be pushed back a month or so.

We have the first installment of the 3rd season of Weeds and the movie Juno from Netflix. We'll have to watch one of those tonight. I also bought the dvd of the 1982 tv series "Square Pegs." That is the first show where I was ever pissed that it was cancelled early. I've said for years if it ever came out on dvd that I would buy it. It came out a couple weeks ago and it only cost $25 from amazon. I watched a couple of episodes and was amused by it. It's tempting to sit down and do a marathon, but I'm going to spread it out. Sarah Jessica Parker looks so incredibly young in it. Does anyone else remember this show?

2 comments:

Laurie said...

I was starting to wonder when you would post again too! I totally agree with Paul about the aliens, that's not Indiana Jones material. The next movie we plan to see is Sex and the City, maybe this weekend.

Today is looking more promising weather wise. It is getting pretty old. I suppose we'll have another drought in July and August since we've had so much rain this spring. Kim's wedding is today, hope the weather cooperates for them.

Anonymous said...

I don't remember much about the show Square Pegs, but I think I can sing most of the theme song. Nancy