Saturday, June 14, 2008

Old Tupperware



I got some very practical items directly across the street. They were selling a bunch of items from a recently widowed guy in town. My friend Stacy and I were at that place at the same time and she and I both picked up several things.
The yellow bowl in the top picture cost 50 cents. It is now being used to hold steel cut oatmeal in the cupboard. The veggie/dip set cost $1. The lid is underneath it in this photo. I like that the dip holder has a separate little cup with a lid. I consider that to be my best Tupperware find and it will be making many trips to potluck dinners.
In the bottom photo I have two covered left-over plates - 50 cents each. Paul says he will use those to take lunch to work. That is my plan as well. I got another pickle/olive holder. We use the other one all the time for olives and I'm glad to have this one for pickles - 75 cents. I recommend buying one of these - very useful. The measuring cups and spoons were each 25 cents. The tablespoon is missing from the set, but it'll do.
I did go back just a little bit ago and pick up 3 lidded square Tupperware containers that I think were designed with sandwiches in mind. I also bought 3 smaller lidded bowls that would work well for a lot of things. Total cost was $1.50 I've been thinking more about packing snacks and lunches for this school this year.

1 comment:

Laurie said...

You can't beat Tupperware! If you ever run across another pickle/olive holder, please pick one up for me. They would be very handy.