Saturday, June 14, 2008

Garage Sale Day

I had forgotten that this morning was garage sale day in Keewatin. Carly looked out the window and said that there were a whole bunch of cars over at the neighbor's house and that got me right out of bed. Ellen wasn't interested in going, so Carly and I went out.

At our first stop I bought a music stand for $4. It's your basic fold up stand. If Ellen is going to play in the band she'll be needing one soon, so I might as well get one now than pay full price at a music store in the fall.

Another good find was a head board for a full size bed. Ellen's bed doesn't have one and I had been keeping an eye out for one for a while. I'll take a picture of it after we hook it up to Ellen's bed and put on her new bedding. It's just a basic wooden head board and it cost only $3. I couldn't get it to fit in the jeep. Fortunately I wasn't too far from our house, so I just carried it home. Paul just checked it out and said it would be very easy to attach to the bed frame. Now I'm going to post pictures of my deals that I was pretty excited about.

1 comment:

Laurie said...

Isn't it fun to hit good garage sales?! I will have to post some of my finds this week too. Garage saling is very green. I think we should have a garage sale/thrift store Christmas this year.