Saturday, August 23, 2008

Garage Sale Finds

The grand total for the Pyrex items above is $1.75. I bought the bowls and casseroles at the same sale. They had 50 cents on the large brown bowl and 25 cents on the other items. This isn't a pattern that I love, but I thought the brown colors would be nice in the fall and I'm not going to pass up any Pyrex in this great shape at prices like that. Paul really liked these. It's called Early American and it's from the early 60s. The brown bowl has a couple scratches. People must use this size bowl a lot because I've noticed that they always look more used than the other sizes. I bought the pitcher at a different sale. It was priced at a dime, so technically I had $1.60 worth of old Pyrex, but I just gave them a quarter. As soon as I saw the shape I knew it was Pyrex. It was sitting with a bunch of ugly vases. The pitcher has gold starbursts on it. I don't know how old it is, but I bought another one very similar to it at a thrift shop earlier this summer. This was a good find. I have three pitchers now, as Creed from the Office would say (as he was collecting office chairs), "One more to go." I didn't really know what he meant by that, but I'd buy another.


$1 for a cute Corning Ware teapot. It's from the same sale as the Pyrex bowls. Laurie has one in a different pattern that she uses a lot. I've seen them in antique shops for $8. Not a high end item, but it's a cute usable item.

50 cents for a vintage Christmas apron. It was the only thing I bought at this sale, but it was well worth the stop. I will make Christmas cookies this year just so I can wear it.

There are a few more things that I bought that I didn't bother to take pictures of. I should go garage saling more often because I really do enjoy it. The truth is I should have a garage sale, but that's a different story. Tax deduction slips work well for me too.

2 comments:

Laurie said...

You did VERY well!!! I love the pyrex set like you said it will be nice for fall. The corning ware tea pot it the cutest design I have ever seen-very sweet. Even though I currently have 3 teapots I would still buy that one. Nancy said she would take my corning ware tea pot so I will have to remember that or should have brought it to her house yesterday...oh well and she has so much tea too. I like that apron. I haven't seen one like that and you look skinny in that photo. I though Ellen was posing for you at first. Rummage sales are addictive but the season is pretty much over although there may be an occasional fall sale. You don't get the same great deals but thank goodness for thrift stores.

Anonymous said...

I think I have the tablecloth that matches your apron...