Wednesday, September 3, 2008

First Day of School!

Carly was very excited for the first day of kindergarten. She was ready to 30 minutes before we needed to leave. She's wearing the same dress that Ellen wore for her first day of school. I thought she looked very cute.


Carly's teacher is Miss Samson or as Carly has been calling her - teacher. I correct her every time she says that because it would drive me crazy if my students called me "Teacher."



Ellen's first day was "Awesome!" She has Mrs. Fillman for a teacher. She was hoping to get her. She and Kayla have math and reading together, but are in different classes the rest of the day. They think this is just fine because it means they have more to talk about after school. I wouldn't have thought of that.

My first couple of days have been good. I have 21 kids in my class. They seem pretty good. They follow directions well. Tonight 1/2 of them had to bring home an assignment to finish. It will be interesting to see how many of them do it. Paul has 28 kids. He always has at least that many.

I'll write more this weekend.

4 comments:

Laurie said...

Nice pictures! I do remember that little dress that Carly had on, it looks darling on her. Hopefully she'll wear it more than once. It looks like she has a nice classroom. I'm glad both the girls are having a great start to their year. Getting called "teacher" is definitely a primary thing. It doesn't bother me as much as "grandma!"

Anonymous said...

Have you really been called Grandma? Really cute pictures and I do remember the dress. We had a good start too:)!

Laurie said...

Yes, I get grandma once in awhile but it doesn't bother me as it also happened in my twenties so I don't think it's because I look like a grandma or hope so anyway! Today a little girl was trying to get my attention with mommy and another little boy called me teacher at least 3 times.

Ellen said...

Post something new already mom.