Saturday, August 23, 2008

Garage sale finds

A vintage Yahtzee game for $1. No pieces are missing - the directions are still there. The box is even perfect. This one will not be going to school. The game we had at home will go to school and this one becomes the family set. We play a lot of Yahtzee in my class. It's an awesome way to practice multiplication, adding, and number patterns. I bought a Taboo game at a thrift shop for $2 last week. The timer was broken, but I have timers at school. I love finding useful games at garage sales and thrift shops.

Carly got shy on this picture. I can't find a date on this cookbook. It appears to be some sort of Sears freebie. I consider my Betty Crocker cookbook to be my cooking bible, so I thought it would be fun to have an old one. I paid 25 cents for it. I'm going to make the cinnamon rolls from it.

I bought this jewelry organizer for $1 at the garage sale of the lady who owns "Rummage in the Park." It lays flat and could easily fit in a drawer if you didn't want it sitting out. She had two so I bought both of them and gave one to Ellen. On the chair behind Carly you can see a small square vintage table cloth that I bought for a quarter at the same sale. I kind of felt like Laurie when I bought that.

1 comment:

Laurie said...

That is a GREAT organizer!! What a steal and useful item for only $!. The cookbook is great too, you can't even buy a candy bar for a quarter!!! When we don't need anymore stuff, we may have to start an Ebay business. Nice game and tablecloth too.