Saturday, August 23, 2008

Rummage in the Park


Laurie, why didn't you buy this dress? Carly had asked Laurie to try it on. When She came out of the dressing room we couldn't make fun of it because it was way too cute. On the hanger you would never have predicted how cute this dress would be. I'm guessing this must be from the 70s.
Rummage in the Park is the best consignment clothing shop I have ever been in. They have a lot of really awesome vintage clothes that are fun to try on, but they also have a lot of clothes from the past few years - lots of shoes and jewelry too. I go there once a year when Laurie comes up and I think I'm going to have to stop in there more often because I do find some cool things. I have been keeping my eye out for a pair of trouser jeans and haven't had much luck until last week. I got a pair from Esprit for $8. I do have to wear super chunky heels to keep them from dragging on the floor, but that is the price of fashion. It wouldn't kill me to appear to be taller. I bought a pair of chunky heeled Italian sandals here that do the trick - they're cute and they only cost $5. This is the place where I bought a brand new, never been worn pair of Dansko sandals for $22.
The girl who works in the shop told us that today was city wide garage sale day in Hibbing and that the owner of the store would be selling housewares at a garage sale down the street. I made a point to go to it and I'm really glad I did. I talked to her about her store for awhile and she asked if I ever bring in items. I said I had not, but that I'd like to know how they take items. You pay a one time start up fee of $5. You bring in all of your clean items on hangers (you get your hangers back). She prices the items and you each take 1/2 when they sell. Considering that I give away all of my clothes that I no longer wear, I think I'm going to start doing this. They take men's clothes as well. I might as well get something back from it and visit the store too.

1 comment:

Laurie said...

Sigh....I loved that dress. Do you think it would have made a nice open house dress? I guess I could start hosting formal tea parties in the summer, then I might have a use for it!
I love Rummage in the Park, if I lived as close as you I'd stop monthly for sure. I am excited about the black pants I bought. I know I will get a lot of use from them.