Saturday, August 23, 2008

Art in Vining




On our way back to Keewatin, Carly and I stopped to gas up in the small town of Vining. This town is know for their collection of metal sculptures. It all started with a great big foot and then then grew from their. I took picture of the ones that Carly told me to. It was cold so we made it a quick stop.

The man responsible for these pieces of art has the last name Nyberg. His daughter Karen was one of the astronauts in the last space shuttle launch. If you remember, Hillary Clinton mentioned her in her concession speech. She said she was the 50th woman to go into outer space. One of my coworkers is married to Karen's cousin, so he and his family went down to Florida for the shuttle launch at the end of May.

I have to go watch Barack's big speech, so I'll add few more posts later. I had a good garage saling day!

No comments: