Saturday, August 2, 2008

Wednesday in Wisconsin Dells

On Wednesday we spent the entire morning and a good share of the afternoon at the water park. We were all tired by 3 pm. That evening we went out for pizza at Moosejaw Pizza. They had a couple of PT Cruiser delivery cars that were fun to see out on the street. Ellen and Carly refused to pose next the car.

Ellen was willing to pose with her antlers.

So was Paul.

Carly was not. The pizza was good. They also have their own brewery. I had a beer which was very good and Ellen tried their root beer that she said was really good. Ellen got a cute souvenir shirt here. They had really cute shirts for younger kids with the delivery car on the front. I wanted to get one for Carly but she said she would never wear it. We have learned that if Carly says she will not wear something she really won't wear it.

After dinner we went to the Rick Wilcox Magic Show. I've never been a huge fan of magicians. It all started back in the 70s when Doug Henning would have tv specials. I watched them because we only had two channels, but I didn't enjoy it (kind of like Lawrence Welk). I think David Copperfield is strange and David Blaine is just a freak in my opinion. So I didn't go in with high hopes. I loved the Rick Wilcox show - my whole family did as well as everyone else in the theater. He was very funny and every trick he did left us baffled. His wife is his assistant and she was great too. Paul and I saw Penn & Teller in Las Vegas and really enjoyed that show - we liked the Wisconsin Dells magic show better. It was fun sitting next to Carly during the show. She laughed a lot and had a look of amazement on her face often. The show and theater had an old fashioned feel to it. It was great family entertainment.

No comments: