Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Happy New Year!

It was another cold day here today. It was about -20 when I got out of bed. I've been sleeping until 8 am lately and Monday morning's 6:15 alarm is going to feel very harsh next week. We just hung around the house today. I did a longer workout dvd this morning because I am going to a party tonight and I plan to eat. I got the first installment of the tv show "Mad Men" from Netflix and watched two episodes this afternoon. Dan had been telling me that I needed to rent it and I bumped it up this past weekend. I wish I would have had two dvds sent since only three episodes are on each dvd. I am feeling very thankful for the women's liberation movement after watching it. I'm also glad I'm not a smoker.

Paul was at the fire hall for a while this morning. He has hall duty this month so it is his job to make sure that trucks are ready to pull out of the hall if there were to be a fire call. Ellen stayed over at Kayla's last night and got home around noon. They went ice skating for a little while this afternoon, but I'm assuming they thought it was too cold since they came back in about an hour. They were at the rink for about three hours yesterday, so maybe they were just tired. It's nice that they are old enough to go down there by themselves. Carly and Paul spent some time on the computer today printing up math sheets for Carly to use. She's good with patterns and she was very good at doing addition problems. She'd use our fingers for counters and would write down the correct answer. She and I played Scrabble again last night. It's frustrating to her when she does not have the letters to spell cat.

We're going to a party in Keewatin tonight. It should be fun. Several people from the fire department will be there and I guarantee there will be great food there. Paul is bringing a crock pot of Booker's sausage and pepper dip. I made up a pineapple cheese ball this afternoon. We'll have a couple of drinks and probably be home well before midnight. Paul and I will never be called partiers in this town - especially Paul.

Happy New Year!

1 comment:

Laurie said...

I shoveled pretty hard for 30 mn yesterday and felt that gave me permission to eat whatever last night as well. Today, we are finishing up leftovers. We ran over to Warren & Anns for a couple of hours this afternoon, the snow started up again and the wind has been blowing so we before it got dark. Not sure if the weather will allow us to go to Nancy's this Sat. We'll have to see. I've been sleeping in til almost 9 this week and I agree next week will be hard. Ice skating in this weather sounds like torture!