Sunday, December 28, 2008

Keewatin Christmas

We opened all of our gifts on December 23 since we were heading to Cyrus the next day. Carly had a hard time waiting. On that Monday we told her we'd be opening gifts on Tuesday night. She suggested that we do it on Tuesday morning since she didn't have anything else to do. She had to wait until after dinner.
Ellen got a couple of sweaters, Guitar Hero World Tour, jeans, books, a necklace, a make-up case with some make up items, and I forget if there was anything else.
This was the main thing that Carly wanted - a Baby Alive doll with a pink headband. She also got the Muppet Show Season 1, a Disney CD, jeans, Spartan sweatshirt, some shirts, a necklace, and some books. Both girls got new pajamas, robes, and slippers. Carly is especially fond of the robe. They each got a set of banks too - the kind that count your coins

We were originally supposed to go to Cyrus the weekend before Christmas, but the weather just didn't cooperate. We missed out on seeing Nancy, Royce, and their families, but that's how it goes sometimes. We talked on the phone a few times. I guess I didn't mention what Paul and I gave each other. Paul gave me Under Armour cold weather gear - now that I have that and my Yaktrax I am well set for running in the winter. I've gone out a couple times and have been very happy. He also gave me a panini sandwich grill and a cookbook to go with it - awesome! Paul got a Sonicare toothbrush, 2 pairs of pajama pants, and a UMD Bulldog shirt.

2 comments:

Laurie said...

The girls looked like they were enjoying their presents, Carly especially! I really like that striped sweater on Ellen. She should be set for winter this year and maybe can give the Tokio shirt a break in the rotation....yeah right. Sorry Ellen. I'm glad you have a passion. I wonder what it will be next year at this time. I remember Celine.

Shari said...

Before Celine it was Ashley Tisdale. Before Ashley it was Jim Cantore of the Weather Channel.