Sunday, December 28, 2008

New Panini Grill

I have been wanting one of these for quite a while. I had been using the Foreman Grill for making panini sandwiches, but I could only make one at a time and you'd have to flip the sandwich over so that it would flatten and cook evenly.
I made three sandwiches tonight, although there is room for four. We had turkey, bacon, and Swiss cheese on each sandwich. I put a couple slices of avocado on mine. We bought ingredients to do good tuna melts tomorrow. I read on the internet that Barack Obama had a tuna melt at a deli in Hawaii yesterday so that planted the idea (yes, I am a total follower). That man has no privacy at all anymore.

The beauty of the Panini grill is the adjustable top. You don't have the one hinge at the end. You adjust the grill top to what you are grilling. You can use this to grill any type of meat. So I have no need for the Foreman anymore - if anyone wants it, let me know. It's yours, but I won't send it in the mail. You'll have to wait until you see me.


Add Image
Notice the lovely grill marks. The sandwiches were delish! I'm glad that Paul got a recipe book too. There were a lot of combinations that I just wouldn't have thought of and we plan to try many. I've never bought prosciutto before, but I know they have it at the Sunrise Deli - I will get some soon.


1 comment:

Laurie said...

That is a nice looking grill! The background you are using is the same one I use. It's my favorite-looks nice on your blog too. Glad you got that comment thing figured out.