Sunday, December 28, 2008

Christmas in Cyrus

I didn't take many pictures because Laurie had her camera out quite a bit, so I just planned to get her photos after she loaded them onto Shutterfly. Carly was pretty tight with Laurie while we were there. One of the better things we did was play Scrabble with the girls. They both liked playing. Carly was pretty good when she was paired up with someone else. When we got back home Carly and I played a couple games of "Scramble."
Carly & Grandpa

Carly took this photo of Mom & Laurie.
Laurie, the girls and I did a quick run over to Morris as soon as we got there. We went to the Salvation Army first and I had enough luck there that it merits its own post. We then made a quick trip to Willies, the liquor store (up north we call it a bottle shop, but in the farming areas we just call it what it really is), and Town & Country Supply. I love T & C Supply. Laurie and I each bought a shirt there. Laurie's is from the Farm Girl line and mine is from a MN company called "Cowgirl Tuff." I'll have to take a picture of mine the next time I wear it. You just don't expect to go to the Hardware store to buy cool clothes, but we do frequently.
On Wednesday night we had a ham dinner with several good sides. Laurie took a great photo of me with the ham, but I just cannot get it saved to my computer. The girls opened a few of their gifts that night.
On Thursday the girls got open and checked out what they got from Santa. They got a lot of candy and rolls of coins for their new banks. We had a meal of left-overs from the night before and then they opened their remaining presents. Since they both have birthdays around Christmas time, they were gifted twice and they got some great stuff - lots of clothes, pajamas, Itunes cards, books, all sorts of things that they are enjoying. The Sharpay wig continues to be a popular item. Thank you!
That night we made wild rice soup with ham and a couple of appetizers. It was all good and I ate way too much! Since freezing rain was predicted for the next day, we made a point to get up and get going by about 9 am. We had a very easy trip home - no icy conditions, little traffic, and kids who were sleeping or watching movies. I did have to laugh when Carly said, "I wonder what Santa left us at our house?!" as we pulled up to our house. We explained that Santa only finds you once on Christmas. I can't blame her for hoping.


No comments: