Sunday, February 24, 2008

Sunday, February 24

We did our second trip to the clinic this weekend. Carly was better this morning than she was last night, but she said it still hurt when she went potty. They looked at a urine sample under the scope and there was presence of an infection, so she'll be taking antibiotics for the next week 4 times a day. We got right in at 9 o'clock and were out of the clinic by 9:30.

While the prescription was being filled we bought groceries - it's nice having a pharmacy in the grocery store. Super One is toward the end of a major remodeling project. They moved and expanded the deli. They doubled the size of their health food section. They added a seafood counter in the meat department. They also have more isle and freezer goods. It's really nice. I thought it was a very good grocery store before, but it's a lot nicer now. They moved quite a few things around and we spend more time looking for things. It will be nice when I have the layout of the store memorized again.

When we got home I made a chocolate eclair dessert to bring to a coworker of mine. Her mom died of lung cancer last week. They lived right next door to Paul's parents for many years. She was a really nice lady. Paul dropped it off and visited with them for a few minutes before he went ice fishing.

I also got out for a longish run - at least 4.5 miles. I ran until my watch said I ran 45 minutes. It's sunny and warm here, so it felt nice to get outside. I don't really like running the streets because it's boring, but it's better than doing a dvd inside. I look forward to the trails being clear. Paul says that he'll run with me after school as soon as they are open. It shouldn't be too long if we continue to have days like we did this weekend. We are going to Duluth next week for our last hockey game (they were shut out last night, so we didn't feel too bad about not making it to the game). One of our stops is a running store down by the lake. We're going to each get "good" running shoes. I worry that I'll lose what I built up over the winter, but I think I should be able to pick up right where I left off this fall. My only goal for the summer is to be able to run from Nashwauk to Keewatin on the 4th of July. I don't think it will be a problem. There are runs in Grand Rapids and Hibbing this spring. I might have to sign up for one or both of them. I really wish that I had a "running friend" up here. I think I'd be more inclined to sign up for more things like that if I didn't have to do them alone.

Carly is taking a nap and I'm going to watch "The Jane Austen Book Club" as soon as I hit submit. Have a good rest of the weekend!

2 comments:

Laurie said...

Sorry to hear about Carly. Hope she's better soon! Let me know how you liked the movie. It sounds like a good one. We didn't go out for a run but had a fun time walking down to the point-lots of snow down ther. I'll post on my blog. Lovely sunny day here!

Anonymous said...

Hi - I hope Carly and Ellen feel better. It was nice to have good weather again. Sophie rode bike and both kids were out for awhile. I had a nice run yesterday, but today can hardly walk because of this plantar facitis business. I'm trying different techniques, but to little avail. May have to go to the Dr. to beg for a cortisone shot. I made Laurie's bean tetrazzini thing tonight. A hit with Joey and David. Talk soon! Nancy