Sunday, February 10, 2008

Hat Fundraiser


I was in charge of a PTSA fundraiser a couple weeks ago. We ordered the hats from a company that recently started up. One of the owners attends the Thursday ECFE class and she works at Paul's school as a sign language interpretter. So she and I worked on this project together. We had orders for 138 hats and they came in last week. The kids were just thrilled with them and their parents thought they were cute. I've had a few people ask me about ordering more, so tomorrow I am letting kids know that we'll do a second round of orders and that they are due Thursday. We will not order any beyond that day. If I don't do it that way, I'm going to be ordering small numbers of hats for the next month. We made $3 on each hat, so it was a good money maker for us considering the short amount of time that went into it.

Carly was very excited about her hat - she even slept with it on. Her name is embroidered on the back. That was her favorite part. I'm looking into getting a couple in Eden Prairie colors.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cute photo of Carly in her hat! Laurie

Anonymous said...

Nice photo header on your blog! Wish I could transport myself there for a couple of days. LS

Anonymous said...

They're cute. If you get the Ep colors, I wouldn't mind one. I'd pay for it! Nancy

Shari said...

I saw Kim on Thursday and ordered hats for Joey and Sophie. I should have them at the end of the week and I'll get them in the mail right away. I know she's already phoned in her order, but I'll tell her to order another red & black hat the next time she places an order with that company. Do you think David would want one?