Sunday, February 17, 2008

Long Weekend!

I usually don't have the Friday of President's Day off from school but I did this year. I have conferences this week and the next, so they added our make-up day to the already extended weekend. While I like it now, I might be grumbling about it later on.

On Friday I did some chores around the house. We took Carly in for a much needed haircut. The woman who cut her hair was named Carly and that kind of turned into a mini-theme for the day. We stopped in at Paul's school to say hi. We ate lunch at McDonalds and then picked up some stuff at Walmart.

One of the items we picked up was a second mat for Dance Dance Revolution for $20 - well worth it. Ellen and I played together for quite a while yesterday. It's nice to play at the same time and not have to sit around waiting for your turn. I've already told Paul that I want another DDR game for my birthday.

That night we went out to eat at Binsters in Hibbing. This place used to be the Old Howard, which back in its day was awesome, but then they got new owners and it went downhill and we stopped eating there. They reopened as Binsters this fall and it is really a good place to eat again. It's such an attractive restaurant too - old wooden booths, tin ceiling, cool bar. Paul had steak & shrimp. I had shrimp. It was all good. When the waitress came to give us menus she introduced herself as Carly. My Carly turned to me and gave me a look that said, "No way!!" It was funny.

No comments: