Saturday, May 16, 2009

Saturday, May 16

It is a cold windy day here - windy enough to keep Paul from fishing. He is currently painting the downstairs bathroom a different shade of green. I taped while he went to Lowes to get the paint. The room is small enough that he can handle it on his own.

Yesterday I took a personal business day and spent the day in Duluth shopping with Carol. We left her house around 8 am. Our first stop was Target. I picked up a swimsuit and cover up for Carly as well as a few bags of Archer Farms chips. I love the tortilla & potato chips from Target. We then went to TJ Maxx where I didn't have much luck but Carol scored on pajamas, towels, sheets, and I don't know what else was in those bags.

We went to the mall. I had a JC Penneys gift certificate that I got for Mother's Day. I bought a nightgown and two pairs of movie star sunglasses. I bought Carly a dress and necklace at the Children's Place. Ellen got a couple of tee shirts and necklaces from Aeropostale. The mall in Duluth is kind of a disappointment.

We ate lunch at the Olive Garden - we just did the soup, salad, and breadsticks - always good. We were seated by a window and could see the little strip mall across the road and decided we'd go there next. We both commented that we had never been in Talbots before. I'll be honest, I was under the impression that Talbots was an old lady store. We walked in and right away I noticed the really cute dragon fly dress that was in the Oprah magazine that I just got last week - so cute! I was kind of excited about the store when I saw that. I wound up buying a pair of denim capris, two pairs of shorts, one shirt, and a pair of khaki pants. I did well on their additional 40% off sale racks. I had on a khaki dress that I really liked but knew that I'd need to spend a lot of money to accessorize it and it really wasn't such a good deal when you factor that in. I went on their website this morning and they had the dress in 4 different colors at the same price. I ordered it in olive green and have jewelry and shoes to match it already. Up at their counter they had a copy of Essence magazine. Michelle Obama is on the cover wearing one of their dresses - great advertising. They had so many great dresses - I tried on the dragonfly one just for fun. I have no events coming up any time soon that require a pretty dress.

We stopped at Kohls as we left Duluth. I got a couple of shirts and that was about it. I got back to my house around 5:45. I don't really like clothes shopping all that much, but it is fun when you have good luck and bring home a bunch of stuff that you are really looking forward to wearing. I should be set for a while now.

This afternoon I have a baby shower to go to. I'm glad to have something nice to do on this dreary day. I think I'll wear a new outfit for it!

1 comment:

Laurie said...

Sounds like a very lovely day! Pretty soon you'll be wearing all those summer clothes-hope it gets nice and warm this week.