Sunday, May 3, 2009

Latest Fitness Interest

I've been using hand weights with dvds for about three years now and I think it's got me about as far as it's going to get me - not that I'm going to quit doing it. I'm just not expecting to see any different results. During a jog with Nancy over Easter vacation, she talked about how she had been taking yoga classes and had a couple dvds. She says it's been a nice complement to her running routine and she recommended Rodney Yee.

-
I ordered a beginner Rodney Yee yoga dvd from Netflix. I found out that I was familiar with almost all of the moves from other dvds that I have been doing, so I knew it would be something I could pick up on easily. I ordered three from Amazon and have been doing them a couple times a week for the past couple of weeks. I really like it. All of those upward and downward dogs really work the shoulders and chest. I guess they are supposed to be good for your rear-end and legs too - that is what I'm hoping. It's nice to be doing something different and I sure like Rodney. I haven't been real good about running lately. I kind of blame that on my running partner and the rain.

No comments: