Saturday, January 10, 2009

New Cake Pan & Recipe

My friend, Carol Kastonek, gave me a monogrammed cake pan for Christmas and I am quite fond of it. In addition to having engraving on the lid, it also has "The Clusiau Family" engraved on the side of the pan. I discovered that as I was taking it out of the oven. It's cute, isn't it? Right now it has about 3/4 of a pan of peanut butter chocolate chip bars in it that I baked this morning (I posted the recipe last winter).



I used my pan for the first time to make a dessert for Paul's birthday. The girls get cakes, but Paul and I usually use our birthdays as an excuse to make a favorite dessert. Paul requested the pistachio dessert that my mom frequently makes for holidays. He called her to get the recipe and it's one that is in the Trinity cookbook (the best cookbook I own). It's pretty easy, so I'll include the recipe.

Four Layer Pudding Dessert

Layer 1 - Mix together:

1 cup flour
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup chopped nuts ( I used pecans)
2 Tbsp sugar

Pat into a 9x13 pan. Bake at 350 for 15 minutes (I gave it a couple more minutes). Cool.

Layer 2 -Mix together and spread into cooled crust:

8 ounces cream cheese
1 cup powdered sugar
1 cup of Cool Whip (you need one 8 ounce container)

Layer 3 - Mix together and spread onto cream cheese layer:

2 boxes instant pudding (pick your flavor)
2 1/2 to 3 cups milk (I went with 2 3/4 cups)

Layer 4 - spread the remaining Cool Whip over the top and sprinkle with chopped nuts. Let cool in fridge until the pudding firms up.

1 comment:

Laurie said...

That dessert is awesome!