Sunday, March 9, 2008

Another Week Goes By

Not too much happens at our house during the week, so I'm pretty much becoming a weekend blogger. It's hard to believe that we are already well into March. It's nice knowing that we're getting close to that fourth quarter of school.

It was the week of the state hockey tournament. Once Roseau and Cloquet were beat out we didn't have too much remaining interest in the tournament. Dassel-Cokato made it to the state tournament, I believe for the first time. Normally that would not be of too much interest to us, but the head coach is a former student of mine - Chris Olsen. He was a fifth grader my first year of teaching. He played hockey for Greenway and went to college at Bemidji. He teaches 6th grade in Litchfield. It was fun to see him interviewed. He looks a lot the same - just older. I always really liked him, so it's nice to see that he is doing well.

I've been working on Nick Hornby's latest book. I picked it up at Target last week. I think it is called "Slam." Or maybe it is "Slide?" It's pretty good. He's one of my favorite authors.

I do have a recipe recommendation. Yesterday I made the apple dumplings from pioneerwomancooks.com They couldn't have been much easier. I'm thinking I'll make them when we go to Cyrus for Easter.

What else is new? About a week ago I got my starter kit for Bare Minerals make-up. A couple of my coworkers and Kayla's mom are big fans of it, so I thought I'd give it a try. I really like it. It will last a very long time. Carly is also a fan. She's intrigued by what's in my make-up bag. Rather than have her make a mess of my stuff, I put a little bit of make-up on her. She loves the brushes.

I have a few pictures to post, so I'll get that post started.

No comments: