Saturday, May 3, 2008

Uppercase Living



I have been wanting to find something to put above my kitchen window for a few years now and just haven't found anything that would fit that space very well. At Easter time Nancy brought home an Uppercase Living catalog. She was going to a party in April, so I had her place an order for me. It arrived from UPS yesterday, so this was going to be a small weekend project.

Paul and I used the window frame as our guide and it does appear that the right hand side does go up a bit. The second picture that I took is crooked ( I can tell by looking at the bottom stripe on the curtain) so it makes it look more crooked than it really is. I'd probably put it a couple inches lower if I were going to do it again. I think it fits the space well and I think the price was very reasonable - total cost with tax and shipping was $25. I also like the red on the yellow wall. This took about 15 to 20 minutes to do.
I did try out my new self tanner from QVC - I'm very happy with it. The color looks like a real tan - not orange at all. I don't have any streaks. The mineral powders that you use on your face go well with it. I'm looking like I have a midsummer tan right now. You use the self tanner every few days, so it will easily last the entire summer.

Not much is going on here. It's Paul's turn to be sick. He said he was up a good share of the night with an upset stomach - I didn't hear him at all. He had a fever of 101 this morning and now it's in the 99s. He looks better than he did earlier today, so hopefully this is a short bug.

It's really windy and cool outside. It's supposed to be a nicer day tomorrow - I hope so. I'm ready for the upper 50s and lows 60s they are forecasting for this week.

2 comments:

Laurie said...

That is so pretty! I don't think it looks crooked and don't think it it would matter if it was down an inch or two. The red does look nice with the wall and the little decorative swirl adds a nice touch. Very fun!!

Anonymous said...

It's just what your space needed - looks great. Send me the picture via email if you get a chance. Nancy